Monday, May 7, 2012

Hoboken Art & Music Festival

As we were brainstorming about what to make for breakfast this past Sunday, a Twitter follower of mine told me about the Hoboken Art & Music Festival that was taking place that afternoon. We haven't had the chance to really go out and explore Jersey much yet, but kept hearing that Hoboken is a really cool area to hang out with lots of great little restaurants and shops. I'm a huge fan of festivals/street fairs: they're a fantastic way to get acquainted with local merchants and artists, hear some live music, pig out and get some fresh air. So we got dressed and headed over to Hoboken! There were tons of people walking along Washington, and the tents seemed to stretch for miles. We saw some awesome artwork by a guy called Missfit, and lots of jewelry vendors. Of course, Marty had to have a funnel cake (that sweet tooth), and we picked up some fudge and sprinkle-topped caramel apples as well. 

On our way back, we stopped at a restaurant and had the most delicious pizza with pesto, mushrooms, pepperoni, and black olives. My favorite! I tend to be a little more adventurous than my husband when it comes to food, but he ended up loving it too. Definitely saw a few shops that I will want to go back and check out another day, though. Marty said the vibe in Hoboken reminded him a bit of Austin.  

Sundays are all about being casual and comfortable for me, and since we were doing so much walking, I threw on a Zara waistcoat and laced up my black Jordan 3's. It turned out to be such a beautiful day, perfect for a festival, an outdoor lunch, and exploring a new place with my favorite person. Now we're heading out to catch the new Avengers movie! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! 

P.S. How cool is the new Rockit Dope snapback Marty designed?? I can't wait for my hair to get longer so I can wear hats again lol.











No comments:

Post a Comment