Saturday, May 5, 2012

Birthday Cake BOSS 5.4.2012

Wow! I had such an amazing birthday! I had everything I needed: great company, great champagne, great gifts, and a great cake! Since we never had a wedding cake (or an actual wedding for that matter, lol), my husband decided to get me a super special, elaborate birthday cake... well, mission accomplished! He chose a red velvet cake adorned with a highly detailed figurine designed to look like me as my favorite mythical creature: a mermaid! I was blown away by how cool it was in person. Of course, the task of getting my cake was perfect for Marty, seeing as he has a huge sweet tooth. Supposedly he tried just about everything they had in the bakery, and even came home with a few freebies! Yum!

So, many thanks to the talented people over at the famous Cake Boss bakery, Carlo's Bake Shop in Hoboken, New Jersey for crafting this masterpiece of a dessert! Thank you to my wonderful husband for being so creative and thoughtful :-) and thank you to everyone who spent my birthday with me in my new apartment, as well as those who sent me well wishes via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and phone. It was one to remember!












1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures....and as you know the mermaid cake inspired me to paint and URBAN MERMAID .....I will keep you posted as to how it turns out....Hopefully not an epic fail! Happy Birthday!
    Peace.Love.Pretty!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete